TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Terms and Conditions Agreement (“Agreement”) is between the parties of Backspace Computers (the “Company”), a Queensland registered business and the Customer (“Client”) for the Remote Support service. The purpose of this Agreement is to establish a clear definition of services that will be provided remotely to the Client.
(1) Backspace Computers Remote Support questions and answers form part of our terms and conditions.
(2) General Services: Backspace Computers will attempt to diagnosis your computer system and then rectify any problems found using our Remote Support console over the Internet. In certain cases, however, problem diagnosis and support may not be completed because of a problem with your computer or its configuration that is beyond our control.
(3) Remote Support Services: Remote support services may be offered to you over the Internet if your computer has a working Cable/ADSL/ADSL 2+/DSL/Satellite or Mobile Broadband Internet connection, and your operating system is Microsoft Windows 7, Vista or XP. If you elect to receive remote support, then Backspace Computers remotely accesses your computer system through your high-speed Internet connection. Remote support may involve the installation of maintenance software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc) on your computer that will allow Backspace Computers to provide the remote support services requested and make your computer system more secure and up to date. By receiving remote support, you agree to allow Backspace Computers to use whatever tools deemed necessary to repair your computer, including remote access. You understand that if remote access is used on your computer, there may be residual software from the support session that will be left for you to use on your computer. This software is freeware from well known vendors and is at no additional charge to you.
(4) Your Responsibility: You understand and agree that prior to contacting or allowing Backspace Computers to perform diagnostic repair or other services on your computer, it is your responsbility to back-up the data, software, information, or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives. You acknowledge and agree that Backspace Computers shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss or corruption of data and/or software.
(5) Limitation of Liability: To the extent permitted by law, you agree that Backspace Computer's total liability for damages related to its remote services is limited to the total amount you pay for the remote services, and you release Backspace Computers from liability for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages. BACKSPACE COMPUTERS IS NOT LIABLE FOR LOSS, ALTERATION, OR CORRUPTION OF ANY DATA OR FOR YOUR INABILITY TO USE YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PRODUCT.